Sweet Sandy B. Bakes

If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time. Not tomorrow or next year... Today should always be our most wonderful day...

So, let's eat cake!

Notes on my adventure as a mom and baker and life as Sweet Sandy B...

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Miller time!

As soon as I got home from work I had to put the cake together. Dinner party was at 6:30 and the cake was being picked up at 5:30... For some STUPID reason I forgot to ask Nanny J to take the cake out of the freezer at 4:30. So when I pulled it out, the fondant was hard as a rock. Had to force the beer bottles in... But, in they went!



Then I added the "ice cubes"!



I should have made more... or at least played with the placement before I 'glued' them down w/ water.



The ones that look 'precarious' are actually toothpick-ed in to the fondant so they wouldn't fall off in transit



These pictures don't do the 'ice cubes' justice, so I'll take some close ups... hold on...

No comments:

Post a Comment