Sweet Sandy B. Bakes

If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time. Not tomorrow or next year... Today should always be our most wonderful day...

So, let's eat cake!

Notes on my adventure as a mom and baker and life as Sweet Sandy B...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kym's Cake 2

I found a few recipes for chocolate ganache, and in the end I just went with the easiest recipe- chocolate and heavy cream. Yeah, that easy. Well I used a dark dark chocolate and after it set up it wasn't very sweet. So I whipped it and added about TWO cups of p. sugar. Yeah... but it finally got sweet enough, turned a nice lovely milk chocolate brown and is now a perfect piping chocolate. I made a lot so I have some to play with this week... and enough to mix with peanut butter to eat out of the bowl. :)
Here is what it looked like on the beaters:



And then the blue fondant....


The stripes w/ the blue polka dots...



Her initial on top...



Final cake

No comments:

Post a Comment