Sweet Sandy B. Bakes

If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time. Not tomorrow or next year... Today should always be our most wonderful day...

So, let's eat cake!

Notes on my adventure as a mom and baker and life as Sweet Sandy B...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kym's Cake

It's my assistant's birthday on Monday... I knew I wanted to make her something special and all week I've been trying to ask her in a "subtle way" what she would like. I should have just out right asked her, but I wanted to surprise her. If I recall she doesn't like bananas... and yeah, I put a chocolate banana layer in there.. Oops! But she did say she likes yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting and the blue and brown color combo.... Not sure how that came up in conversation but I worked it into the cake theme. So, I made some dark chocolate ganache and got to work on the cake:



mmmmm look at that ganache! it tastes way way good... if I could whip in some peanut butter I might just sit with a bowl of it and finish watching the Oscars... I digress



4 layers because I won't be using a topper



And, I'm FINALLY getting better at frosting the cake smooth. I think it's just a confidence issue. Plus, I made the best batch of Swiss Buttercream to date tonight!



Covered in baby blue fondant



And then added the chocolate brown fondant stripes. I was pretty much just making this up as I went. Thought I'd try something new. I bought the chocolate fondant pre-made at the cake store. I didn't want to color fondant brown and I wanted to see what it tasted like.

Coming up next- the FINAL cake. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment