Sweet Sandy B. Bakes

If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time. Not tomorrow or next year... Today should always be our most wonderful day...

So, let's eat cake!

Notes on my adventure as a mom and baker and life as Sweet Sandy B...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm BACK!

Just wanted to let you know I'm back and missing you, dearest blog, so much.
I did a wonderful thing while in California for the wedding (besides seeing the family and friends). I went on a "cupcake tour" of L.A.
In true dork fashion, I googled a ton of bakeries, plotted them on a map complete with highlights, phone numbers, hours of operation... yeah I'm gonna save SOME face not go into other details of my preparation (it includes a change purse for parking meters and maybe some lamination)

I barely got back yesterday a.m., and sleep was more important to me than uploading my pictures from the trip and the cupcake extravaganza. I have one on my phone and I thought it would be good to give you a little tease:



This is one of the cupcakes I ate from Crumbs bakery in Beverly Hills. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup.

I promise this week I will post an entry about my trip and all the ideas that resulted, along with a boat load of pictures. The decadence of them will truly give you a toothache from just looking at them.

SIDE NOTES:
-I sent some cookies to my fav non-food blogger, Una. The Sassy Curmudgeon... You know her, I talk about her, she cracks me up. Guess what? She liked them! I got an email from her while I was in CA and it was my happy ending at work today. Seriously.

-I think I'm going to start a side project blog. One where I can get personal and pretty much just b*tch about whatever comes to mind. I don't want this blog to get too personal.

-I love toys. Went to Johnny Cupcakes shop on Melrose, snapped up everything in sight and then stopped at KidRobot down the street. I fell in love with Dunny's. I want them all. and hoodie zipper pulls?! how come I didn't know about these? wtf?! I'm re-thinking my choice of friends for never telling me about these wondrous bits of happiness. The anticipation of openining the wrapper to see which one I'd find and then it being the one I wanted! I die! I'm now the proud owner of some brass knuckles... I will post a pic too, just you wait and you will want one too.

I think that's all. Ok, me signing out (I need to come up w/ a sign off...)

No comments:

Post a Comment