Sweet Sandy B. Bakes

If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time. Not tomorrow or next year... Today should always be our most wonderful day...

So, let's eat cake!

Notes on my adventure as a mom and baker and life as Sweet Sandy B...

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy 30th O.G!!!

I made a pretty kick butt cake today for my good ol' friend O.G. (Old Girl).
She turns 30 on Monday and her family was throwing her a 'surprise' birthday.
It was such a surprise that on... (blogger edit...)

... lol...
nope, NO pressure at all.
Now I know what it's like to have someone else's high expectations for the cake I'm making. I have been asking for cake direction for a while now and I GOT IT. and it scared me! Be careful what you wish for.
SO, I had to scrap all that I had thought I would do and come up with something entirely different. Here is what I came up with:







Start to finish the decorating took me about 4 1/2 hours. I SHOULD have started on it at least last night. But we didn't get home from YGG until about 10. I only had time to make some white fondant.

I worked at the bakery this a.m. and then came home, fed the kiddies, but them down for their naps and got to WORK. I had time constraints, I had a blank canvas and I had no time to lollygag.

I dyed the chocolate fondant black (took MUCH longer than I hoped), dyed the buttercream hot pink, frosted the cakes, stacked the cakes, had to figure out HOW to make zebra stripes, and then figure out if I could make a skull.

It worked!! I really like the cake- it's a little edgy for my 'closet edgy' friend, it's pink and black and fun. Like Foofa, but edgy. hahahahaha (clearly still have YGG on the brain).
Off to pick up my bestie and then off to party. She advised I wasn't allowed to be "tardy for the party", so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment